Monday 11 October 2010

I have loved flowers that fade

We're now in the full flood of early autumn here, the trees are turning golden and the sky is blue and in honour of the start of my favourite season I've been trying something new. I've added the first verse of the poem I Have Loved Flowers that Fade by the English poet Robert Bridges (1844 - 1930). I have a bit of a love hate relationship with poetry. Mostly hate I am embarrassed to confess. I still have a soft spot for the poets I studied a million years ago at school, Coleridge, Larkin, Frost and others, but I find it extremely hard to understand classical poetry which I find disappointing. I hope that this new series of images might re-ignite my (very little, admittedly) flame of interest in poetry!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my newsletter for updates and offers - http://bit.ly/dQVCq5